Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Quilt Block Project


In the summer of 2008, I decided to start a new quilt. All my quilts so far feature repeating patterns, and I wanted to do something that would incorporate blocks of various designs. I found this fabulous multi-colored fabric on clearance at Joann's and bought the rest of the bolt (a little over 3 yards) to use for the back of the quilt because it would go so well with so many colors. I started out trying to make each block out of my stash, but quickly realized I would need to purchase at least some solid colored fabrics if I wanted to use up my scraps and have the blocks be color-coordinated. I originally planned to make 12-15 blocks, but quickly got carried away, so now I have enough for 2 quilts! Future posts will each feature a block, and you can also see them rotating in my Flickr badge.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am doing a sampler quilt (my first bed-size quilt) with various block patterns and fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...