Sunday, January 13, 2013

Flowered Doll Blanket


I embroidered these flowers over 15 years ago, and I just now got around to turning this project into something useful. Originally it was a doll blanket, but I had just hemmed the edges, so the back looked unfinished. I was too old to actually use it for its intended purpose it when I made it. Then last year my mom rescued my American Girl doll from the closet of my childhood bedroom and gave it to the daughter of one of her friends. I pulled this project out of a box and decided to turn it into a more usable blanket for her. I added some quilt batting and some lavender fabric for the back that matches the lavender ribbon on the front and stitched around the edges with lavender thread. See this post for detailed pictures of of the flowers.

Finished size: 16" x 19"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...