Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pot Holder Extravaganza

I wanted to use up the scraps from my jelly roll quilt. However, since not all the jelly roll strips were a full 2.5", they were very narrow scraps. Since they were only 2" strips, I wasn't sure what kind of design to create with such narrow pieces. Then I thought about how much I liked the granny square quilt blocks and thought it would work out perfectly. Once I had the 2" squares cut, I had enough for seven pot holders, plus some narrower scraps for the pockets. Fortunately, I had just enough batting for seven pot holders, because I didn't take that into account. Of course, I can rarely complete scrap projects with just scraps, so I had to pull in three other fabrics to complete the tops, backs, and bindings. Hopefully they'll all have new homes soon!

 
















Finished size: 8" x 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...