Saturday, November 14, 2015

Hexagon Blocks

In September, Amanda went to visit her Grandma. While there, she sent me a photo of these hexagon quilt blocks, which were made by Amanda's grandma's mother-in-law, and said she was giving them to me. I was astonished to receive such an amazing gift! They are all hand-stitched. Amanda gave them to me when I saw her earlier this month, and we looked through all of them. Of course the first thing I did when I got home was sort them all. A lot of research and deliberation will be required before I commit to a project!

There are 50 total blocks, with only a few duplicates. The 43 unique blocks are pictured below:











































The only one with a different center fabric

Red: 6 blocks, 5 unique
Pink: 8 blocks, 7 unique
Peach: 6 blocks
Yellow: 6 blocks, 5 unique
Green: 15 blocks, 12 unique
Blue: 2 blocks
Purple: 7 blocks, 6 unique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...